How it works
Our insurance appraisals are performed on-site by our Graduate Gemologists and accepted by all insurance companies. Our Graduate Gemologists will give you a written appraisal so you can insure your jewelry or watches for its full value. Upon request, any item purchased from Wellington & Co Fine Jewelers will receive a free jewelry appraisal or watch appraisal and free value updates at no additional charge.
Why do I need to have my jewelry appraised?
We recommend getting jewelry appraised so you can insure your jewelry for its full value. An official appraisal is necessary for insurance. Should you damage or lose your jewelry, the last thing you need to worry about is how to repair or replace. Having your jewelry insured will provide peace of mind.
How long does it take to get jewelry appraised?
We will need to see the piece to give a timeframe. We will work with your schedule to make it convenient for you.
What is included in a proper professional jewelry appraisal report?
Wellington & Co Fine Jewelers will systematically examine the articles and determine the value based on the gems, metals, or other materials, as well as the method and quality of the article’s construction. A proper appraisal report includes the following components:
• A detailed description of the item being valued
• Date of the appraisal
• Photographs of the article
• Estimated replacement value of the article
• Your name, address, and contact information
• Appraiser’s qualifications and signature
When should appraisals be updated?
• We recommend having your jewelry re-appraised every 2-3 years.
How much does jewelry appraisal cost?
Jewelry appraisal costs depend on the complexity of the jewelry. Typically the price ranges from $100 to $150.
• Diamond Jewelry (diamond rings, earrings, pendants, etc.): $100
• Diamond Wedding Set (include a diamond engagement ring and a wedding band): $100 total
• Gemstone Jewelry: starting at $100 and we will need to see the item to price it